Thing Two – Set up your iGoogle pages with some “apps”.Well that was simple but the content was not entirely what I had expected. With my almost bare webpage, I thought that the friendly offer to download the “Editor’s Picks” would be safest. The other options: “Hottest”, “Most Users”, and “Newest” were less likely to be vetted. However, even the safe option included the offer of “Butt of the Day” which regrettably was suitably illustrated.
Next, I opted for the calculator, which fortunately I discovered could not add-up accurately, before I used it on anything important. I guess if you pay nothing you have no cause for complaint, except that you have paid in wasted time. I had a learning experience.
The first stop-watch and count-down timer that I put on my webpage was a crafty advertising medium. It appeared only to count-down to the next advert. The second one was much better and free of commercials. Downloading the 24-hour analogue and digital cocks was just a mistake - I thought it was a timing device. It was easily deleted. Alas, my site history was now looking like a porn-hub.
Then there is searching for Apps, which also produces unexpected results. Looking for a To Do List, I searched for “ToDo” and received both the offer of a list and of a subscription to “Vandal Online”. Something was lost in the translation.
Downloading the “Hindu God of the Week” was a little disappointing. I had hoped it would give me strength and comfort to carry on with the course, but it sat there malevolently glaring at me, and consuming “desk-space”, until I confronted it with my powers of delete.
Now the webpages were getting really cluttered, and using the Tabs feature helped clear it all up into usable chunks.Next trick was to register for some RSS feeds. Yes, that worked, but I have yet to learn where the feed ends up once you click the subscribe button. At the moment they seem to end up anywhere, and I am left ferreting about in the Tabs to locate them on my page.
Only one question remains: why do I want this thing? I will let you know that when I find out.
No comments:
Post a Comment