Tuesday, 8 June 2010

Illustrations for Step Two (adult content)

Please skip this entry if you are offended by "adult material".
It makes no sense without having read Step Two...

I seem to have been pursued by pornographers throughout my career. Opening a general library email box, as part of my duties, we used to get photographs exploding all over the screen. It got worse and worse. Eventually, movie clips would be displayed without clicking any links in an email, just as the mail-browser opened the next mail, your screen would become a vision of filth. What would the neighbours think? Come to that what would any visitor to my office, or poor old reader casually looking through my office window think? This was stuff to be sacked over. OK at home, perhaps, but no good at work.

Then the computer service's email filters got to be really good. All that crap was destroyed at source and never got into the mail box. Thank you computer gods.

What a surprise then to register for iGoogle and fall into the same old stuff.
There I was, thinking I am downloading some useful tools, and suddenly we're back in pornville. It's because I am at work that I have a problem with this. I will give you a screen shot of the first cause of annoyance...

Why, oh why, did the "Editor's Picks" offer me Butt of the Day?




Even worse was the 24-hour analogue and digital cocks:-



I shall have more to say about Butt of the Day, later.

Children, you may open your eyes again, now. The nasty man has gone away.

2 comments:

  1. Just to let you know that due to this post there is an adult content warning where people can choose to continue or go back. I've added your blog to the main site now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suspect that it's the screenshot that's causing the problem rather than the language used. I base that on the fact that I have a blog on Blogger that includes the terms 'incest', 'sodomy' and 'lesbian nuns' but has not been classed as adult. (Or they have decided that since this blog is a translation of a ninth century Latin text, it counts as history and not indecency.

    ReplyDelete